Top Independent Film Executives including Cassian Elwes, Mark Gill, Jill Jones and Russell
Schwartz locked as panelists
The 2014 American Film Market, November 5-12th, proudly announced its initial speakers including some of the industry’s top independent producers, distributors, sales agents, marketing executives and film publicists. Renowned entertainment executives including Millennium Films’ President Mark Gill, WME Partner Mark Ankner and UTA’s Independent Film Group Co-Head Rena Ronson are confirmed to participate in the Production Conferences. The Distribution Conference attendees will hear from Tugg, Inc. CEO and independent producer Nicolas Gonda and Cinetic Media Founder John Sloss, while producer Cassian Elwes will take part in the Pitch Conference. Additional speakers include Relativity Media’s Russell Schwartz, CineTel President & CEO Paul Hertzberg, Mister Smith’s Jill Jones and UTA’s Alex Fragen.
AFM’s thought leadership programming spans over 30 sessions, giving participants access to exclusive knowledge and insights. Speakers will appear across various AFM platforms including the Conference Series, Producers Forum, Roundtables and Conversations. These engagements will run from Friday November 7th through to Tuesday, November 11th.
“We are proud to host such a diverse group of industry experts from all over the world. AFM attendees will gain unique insights as our speakers reveal the future of film finance, marketing and distribution from a global perspective.” said AFM Managing Director Jonathan Wolf.
The confirmed list of speakers, in alphabetical order, include:
- Richard Abramowitz, President, Abramorama
- Rob Aft, President, Compliance Consulting
- Mark Ankner, Global & Finance Distribution, WME
- Dana Archer, President & Partner, DDA Public Relations
- Tobin Armbrust, President, Worldwide Production and Acquisitions, Exclusive Media Group
- Eric Brenner, Partner, Informant Media
- Natalie Bruss, Vice President, Digital Partnership, ID PR
- P. John Burke, Partner,Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP
- Joseph Chianese, Executive Vice President, EP Financial Solutions
- Mark Damon, CEO & Chairman, Foresight Unlimited
- Clay Dollarhide, Publicist, Ginsberg/Libby
- Bobby Downes, CEO & Founder, ChristianCinema.com
- Cassian Elwes, Independent Producer/Agent
- Clay Epstein, Senior Vice President, Sales & Acquisitions, Arclight Films
- Alex Fragen, Global Distribution Strategist, UTA
- Nolan Gallagher, Founder & CEO, Gravitas Ventures
- Mark Gill, President, Millennium Films
- Darrien Michele Gipson, National Director, SAGIndie
- Nicolas Gonda, CEO, Tugg, Inc.
- Ash Greyson, President & CEO, Ribbow Media
- Rebecca Hawkes, Managing Director, Schedule 2
- Paul Hertzberg, President & CEO, CineTel Films, Inc.
- Kevin Iwashina, Managing Partner, Preferred Content
- Susan Jackson, Co-President & Co-Founder, Freestyle Releasing
- Jill Jones, Executive Vice President, Marketing & Publicity, Mister Smith Entertainment
- Sophia Karteris Kelly, Senior Vice President, Programming, UPtv
- Marian Koltai-Levine, Executive Vice President Film, PMK*BNC
- Jon Larson, Associate Western Executive Director, Directors Guild America
- Adam Leipzig, CEO, Entertainment Media Partners
- Barbara Mudge, President & Founder, Worldwide Film Entertainment
- Emanuel Nunez, Agent, Paradigm
- Stephanie Palmer, Founder, Good in a Room
- Stacey Parks, Film Producer, Film Specific
- Rena Ronson, Co-Head, Independent Film Group UTA
- Russell Schwartz, President, Marketing, Relativity Media
- John Sloss, Founder, Cinetic Media
- Andrew Stevens, President & CEO, Stevens Entertainment Group
- Adrian Ward, Senior Vice President, Entertainment Industries Division, Pacific Mercantile
- Kay S. Wolf, Independent Film Executive, Writers Guild America, West
- Anne Zeiser, President & CEO, Azure Media, LLC
For more information on all AFM 2014 panels and the full list of Conferences, Forums and Roundtables, please visit:www.americanfilmmarket.com/attendee
To book accreditation for this year’s AFM please visit: www.AmericanFilmMarket.com/attendee-options. For all media inquiries, including press credential, please visit: www.AmericanFilmMarket.com/press
About the American Film Market
The business of independent motion picture production and distribution reaches its peak every year at the American Film Market. The global film industry converges in Santa Monica for eight days of deal-making on films in every stage of development and production, as well as screenings, conferences, networking and parties.
With 8,000 industry leaders from more than 70 countries, 700 screenings and the industry’s largest Conference Series, AFM is the pivotal destination for filmmakers, producers, writers, directors, distributors, financiers, industry executives, talent, the international media and all those who provide services to the worldwide motion picture industry.
The AFM is produced by the Independent Film & Television Alliance® the global trade association of the independent motion picture and television industry.
About The Independent Film & Television Alliance
The Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) is the global trade association for the independent motion picture and television industry. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the organization represents more than 150 member companies from 23 countries, consisting of independent production and distribution companies, sales agents, television companies and financial institutions engaged in film finance. IFTA is dedicated to protecting and strengthening its Members’ ability to finance, produce, market and distribute independent films and television programs in an ever-changing and challenging global marketplace.
AFM Partner Events
AFM Partner Events offer participants many ways to connect with the film industry.
AFI FEST presented by Audi – November 6 – 13
The American Film Institute’s annual celebration of international cinema from modern masters and emerging filmmakers, AFI FEST features nightly red-carpet galas, special screenings, conversations and tributes. AFI FEST is the only film festival in the United States to hold the prestigious FIAPF accreditation, assuring a high standard of quality and reliability for the international film community.
The World Animation & VFX Summit – November 2 – 5
The World Animation & VFX Summit shapes the future of worldwide animation and VFX, connecting studio executives, producers, agents, distributors and talent, face-to-face in a warm and intimate club environment.
US-China Film Summit – November 5
The U.S.-China Film Summit focuses on how Chinese and Hollywood film industry leaders are navigating the East-West filmmaking process and addresses the trends and dynamics in the U.S.-China film relationship, including recent success stories.
The Britannia Awards – October 30
The Britannia Award is the highest accolade presented by BAFTA Los Angeles and is a celebration of achievement honoring individuals and companies who have dedicated their careers or corporate missions to advancing the art-forms of the moving image.